Monday, January 24, 2011

Wedding dress

Hello everyone, hope you had a nice weekend.  My weekend was great, I got a lot of things done. We had a tasting with the caterer this past Saturday and it was an interesting experience. I couldn't sleep the night before because i was so nervous. I wanted some Nigerian food at the reception but as you guys know, the hall doesn't allow outside caterers.  I prayed and prayed that the caterer would allow us to bring some of our food. Anyway, the guy brought the food for tasting and my heart sank when i saw them. Don't get me wrong, some of the food were really good but the thought of not having Nigerian food at the wedding to satisfy our guest was just bothering me.  We decided to pick some of his food and tweak it a little. My sister was suppose to ask him if we could bring some Nigerian food but she didn't know how to ask. Eventually, my mom asked him and HE SAID YES.... You guys don't know how that made everyone happy. Now we can have both American and Nigerian food.
After that we decided to go and try on some wedding dresses at a bridal store i made an appointment for. I don't know how many dresses i tried on but i finally found the one. At first when i came out with the dress i didn't like it. After looking at myself in it the second time, i was in love.  My dress is so beautiful, its exactly what i wanted. very different from the other dresses I've seen and also dramatic.
Am so happy to have friends and family that love me so much to help me with this wedding. Everyday that goes by with this wedding makes me realize that dreams do come true and i have a living God. I'll keep you guys updated with any new details.

1 comment: